Monday, March 21, 2011

It's all final!!!!

We got our in-country invoice and scheduale... and well it's final now.  I think I can really get ready.  This is what it looks like!

Apr 07             Thursday
                        Arrive in Beijing at 1:45PM from Newark via CO
After you get your luggage, meet your English-speaking tour guide (holding a board with your
name) at the airport exit (near the luggage claim area) and transfer to your hotel.
                                                
Apr 08             Friday                                   
After breakfast, meet your guide at the hotel lobby and explore Great Wall and
Hutong Lane
.
Lunch is included.
                                
Apr 09             Saturday                                 
Orientation at the hotel meeting room
Half day tour of Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City after group lunch
(You will visit Silk Factory during the tour)
           
Apr 10             Sunday                                                (B)
Hotel / airport transfer
Beijing / Fuzhou via MF  
2:35PM - Airport pick up and hotel check in
4:30PM - Gotcha Day at the hotel, Family picture and Form filling
                                                                        
Apr 11             Monday                                  
8:30AM – Go to Civil Affairs Office
9:00AM – Adoption registration at the Civil Affairs Office
10:00AM – Notarization procedure in notary office
                                               
Apr 12             Tuesday                                  
9:30AM – Optional Activity (shopping for baby supplies) arranged by Holt.

Apr 13             Wednesday                             
9:30AM – Optional Activity (visit Panda World) arranged by Holt

Apr 14             Thursday                                
9:30AM – Optional Activity (visit a local park) arranged by Holt
                                                           
Apr 15             Friday                                     (B)
3:00PM – Pick up of child’s passport
Then transfer to the airport
                       
Meet your English-speaking tour guide and driver at the airport exit and transfer to the hotel.
                                                                        Guangzhou White Swan Hotel

Apr 16             Saturday                                 Guangzhou White Swan Hotel (B)
                        Visa paperwork check and Medical check
                       
Apr 17             Sunday                                                Guangzhou White Swan Hotel (B)
                        Free day

Apr 18             Monday                                   Guangzhou White Swan Hotel (B)
                        Free day
Apr 19             Tuesday                                  Guangzhou White Swan Hotel (B)
                        Visa appointment and Oath-taking ceremony

Apr 20             Wednesday                             (B)
                        Visa pick up
                        Transfer to train station with guide
                        Guangzhou/Hong Kong via T
                       
                        A guide will wait for you at the exit area. You will have private transfer from HungHom train
                        station to Regal Airport Hotel. The guide will also help you to check in to the hotel.
                                                                        
Apr 21             Thursday
Transfer to the airport on your own for your flight to Newark via CO
                        Please make sure to be at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight.
           

Have a nice tripJ !

WOW!  We are going to be busy.  I can't wait!  I have started the packing project... I never new how much stuff we would have to take.  I have used 2 full boxes of zip lock bags and I'm not even close to being finished.  I also have been cleaning out closets and under the sinks... I guess I am nesting now.  Another family got TA today and are trying to get in our travel group and I pray they do. My friend Meg is still waiting for hers.  I am praying so hard for her.  I know how crazy and stressed she is feeling.  I have been there!  I still think she is going to make it!  I pray she does!  So there you have it in 15 days it all begins!  I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. It makes it all seem so real to see your itinerary! How exciting to be so close to meeting your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull!

    Great planning! So, what kind of room you have in Fuzhou hotel?

    Happy trip preparating!

    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    We are staying at the same hotel and have the same basic itinerary. We are leaving NYC on April 8th arriving in Fuzhou on the the 9th and our Gotcha Day is also the 10th. Consulate appt. the 19th head home the 21st. Wow...this is cool. Look forward to meeting up with you.

    Christine & John
    www.ourjourneytohannah.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, I was finally able to get on a read your whole journey so far.....this is so exciting! I'm really glad you made this blog so I can track you while you're traveling. I can't wait to meet your new daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.