Wow! 11 months old. I wonder how she is doing. Is she happy and healthy? Has she bonded with her foster family? Is she crawling, walking, rolling or sitting? It is hard not knowing any of the answers... but in 15 days she will be placed in our arms and we will get all the answers! In a very short 11 days we will be getting on a plane and heading out! We can't wait. I have Lauren all packed. I have most of the "stuff" that you have to take all packed. Now, all I have to do is pack our clothing and get the electronics ready... none of which I can really do until the end. I am amazed at how much packaging I had to throw out once all the "stuff" we are taking was taken out of boxes and wrapping and those darn hard plastic packages you can barely get open with a crowbar. I had 2 huge bags and 1 box full! I am doing pretty good. I was really hoping to only take 2 suitcases, but that just isn't happening. I did get a great tip on RQ about Emma's carry on. Her carry on is way to heavy for her to lug around... so we are putting her backpack in her rolling suitcase which she can pull... then when we get on the plane we will take the backpack out and she can have it at her feet and leave the rolling suitcase in the overhead. Those ladies at RQ rock!!!! If you need an idea they have it!
I am feeling pretty good right now... Today I am going to work on our closet and toss out stuff we just don't need or wear anymore. Our community has a big yard sale a few weeks after we get back and I know once we are home I won't have time to go through it all, so that is what I am doing today! Cleaning closets. Fun stuff, right?
How exciting that you'll be celebrating your daughter's first birthday with her!
ReplyDeletePretty neat that she's 11 months and you leave in 11 days :-) Good luck with the cleaning/yard sale prep.
ReplyDeleteRuby
Way to go with the packing and cleaning!! I'm still working on organizing!
ReplyDelete