Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 weeks from today,

we will board a flight that will, after 18 hours of traveling, will take us to China!  I have a sense of calm that is strange.  I have been so stressed over the last few months, but now.... peace.  I have tons to do, but I can finally relax.  We have our tickets and our trip for the most part is planned. 

Our agency has a web forum that allows families to support each other durring the adoption process.  Through this forum I have met the most amazing people.  Many of which I now call friend.  2 of these familes are in our travel group (hi Laura and Debbie).  One, Debbie is actually on our same flight to and from China.  I am so excited about this.  This adoption is so different from Emma's.  With Emma's we went to Russia, ALONE!  All alone.  To say it was hard... well, it was.  We went crazy in apartments and hotels with no one to talk to.  No one to share with.  But this time!  We have an amazing group.  Now, if my friend Meg can get her TA in time and make the group, it would be the icing on the cake!  I am praying like crazy for her to be able to join us.  There is another Holt group leaving today with many other cyber friends.  I can't wait to follow the blogs of these families and watch as they meet their children.  They have an amazing group too. 

The adoption community is amazing.  So much love and support.  Many of us rely on this support and to get to meet some of them is such a gift!  I have a feeling we will all be friend for a long time!  To each of you who have been there for me, I thank you! We are almost there... we are almost to the end of this long road!

4 comments:

  1. Ah--so sweet and so true! Amazing people with deep love to have one less orphan in the world. To call their children their own. Just like in God's story of redemption. We are heirs with Christ...
    BTW, the boards are slow this am so I felt lonely today:(
    Hoping to travel with you. Besides, you did all my paperwork for me--so you should get the privilege of meeting baby Andi!!
    Much love,
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The network is fabulous, before, during, and after!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to enjoying each other's company on our VERY LONG flights! And sharing this amazing journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Can't wait for you to get here! Bring lots of cough drops though, you'll be glad you did!!!

    And, try out the No Jet Lag tablets; I really think that they helped us out!!!

    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.