Saturday, April 16, 2011

CWI, Xi Chan Buddhist Temple and Guangzhou

We finally made it to Guangzhou!!!  To say we arrived worn out, hungry and just over all things China is an understatement.  Seems we aren't the only ones running on fumes around here.  Tensions are high. However, this place is beautiful!  I think once we get a good night sleep we will be in a better place.

In the mean time I still need to catch up so... on our final day in Fuzhou  we visited the orphanage that Lauren was in for the first 8 months of her life.  Sadly we were not allowed inside at all.  I was really upset about that.  They did let us take photos of the outside.  I am hoping I will run across someone that has been and can share with me.  We also drove by the location she was left.  It was an Air Force Base so we were not able to stop there either.  Mark did his best to take pictures during a drive by but they didn't turn out very well.  After that we visited the Xi Chan Buddhist Temple.  It was so peaceful and calm.  Mark and I keep saying how it was the most clam we felt all day.  I am so glad we decided to go.  Emma was truly affected by the God that watches to make sure you are good and true or else he will step on you.  She got really freaked out by that one.  We took lots of pictures and wish so badly that China would have a clear blue sky day so the pictures would look crisp and not smokey. 










Since Emma was so good that day we rewarded her with a trip to the local dinosaur museaum.   We couldn't believe that they had one.  She was in all her glory sharing dinos with her Mei Mei!




Once we finished up with the Dinos we took a nice wal back to the hotel for our final night in Fuzhou!





3 comments:

  1. Love that last photo, Kathleen! So sweet! Hooray that you're in Guangzhou. I remember being ready to go home after the first week, but then the second week we somehow settled in better as a family and really enjoyed ourselves. I hope you'll have a beautiful week in Guangzhou--and maybe even some blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing photos!!! I am so so sorry that you werent able to visit the orphanage. I know that you really wanted to do that, too. It's wonderful though, that you were able to get out and enjoy the province. I wish we had been able to do more sightseeing to see where Tyler was from, but our guide didn't know that much about Shenyang.
    Anyway, enjoy GZ!!! The breakfast is AWESOME and so is the island!!!

    PS - your new family of 4 is beautiful!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone feels the same way when they reach Guangzhou-worn out, missing their own bathroom, bed, living room, etc., but it makes the time in GZ so sweet because you know it's almost over! Enjoy,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.