Baby food! Wouldn't you think that since we are on the adoption capital island in China that there would be a store that sells baby food? Wouldn't you think that it would be everywhere since there are currently at this time 1 million adoptive families here? I understand we are very lucky to have such a young baby but really... no food for the baby? I am sorry but that is crap. I have so many black cloud stories but to be honest I just want to forget them all.
Here is what we have been doing the past couple of days... We had our medical examine on Saturday. That was a complete and utter mess. Mark about lost it. Stick 2 million babies in a room and poke at them and you will understand the volume of crying and scared kids. Then stick 10 million Chinese guides in the mix with all the shoving and pushing and you will understand what it was like. The entire thing was a joke to be honest. Thank the Lord for the last doctor we saw as he was very calm and nice. Lauren cried the entire time!!!! Here are a few photos.
All in all she past with flying colors. We are very happy about that. If this was what socialized medicine looks like... well repeal the bill. I was already against Obamacare... NOW I have lived it and it SUCKS!
Ok, now that I got that all off my chest... our family nucleus I doing amazing! Lauren is a dream child! The Lord blesses us again! We couldn't be more in love with this little girl. She is amazing. Somethings we have learned about her...
1. DO NOT mess around about food. When she is ready to eat you better be ready to feed her.
2. Your spoon must contain food at all times.
3. She only likes to drink her bottle after all major food is eaten.
4. She is happy!
5. We already have several games we play. She loves High 5, sticking her tongue out and our fav dancing machine. That I still need to get on tape.
6. She loves to crack herself up.
7. She will give kisses to me and I love it.
8. She will attach Emma every chance she gets.
9. She loves her daddy.
10. She really goes with the flow!
11. She sleeps all nigh!
So much more but I would run out of room!
We have our Consulate appointment tomorrow to get Lauren's Visa bright and early so I really need to got to bed! I hope to be caught up with my posts before we get home.... not sure that will happen.
I also want to once again say thank you for all your comments. They really are so sweet. I wish I had time to write to each of you but I am hanging on by a very tiny thread at this point. Just know that each and every comment has meant the world to us!
I'm sorry for the black cloud moments. Hopefully the sunny moments will far outshine them in your memories and in your reality! Sounds like your daughter is doing great...she is a beautiful treasure. You'll be home soon. Joy and strength to you. :o)
ReplyDeleteHey Girly,
ReplyDeleteWe go to the SWI bright and early tomorrow. Joyce said we will be back by noon.....
You wanna hang til 2pm (nap)?
We could enjoy the park near where the school kids are, right down from Starbucks. My kids and Emma could play on the cement... or let the girls play at the playground at Luckys... or in he playroom...
Wanna sit with you and talk...
love u....
I'm sorry you're not having a good time...I know how long you waited for that moment. 2 things that might help though:
ReplyDelete-Baby food is pretty American. But, I have 3 children and never used a jar of food ever...baby food is easy to make. Mash up a banana, give the baby some soup or rice...easy things. Gerber isn't really universal...maybe ask someone there what Chinese babies eat.
and 2) That medical exam looked like the usual adoption medical exam...we had a very similar experience in Vietnam. It has nothing to do with socialized medicine...that's just what happens when you take a million families who all need an exam on a certain day, and you only have a small building and not a lot of time to do it. It's always a joke of a medical exam, no matter what country you're in. But our government requires it.
You're almost home...soak up your last few days there...it's gone by so fast (at least for those of us reading along!)
~Ally (From the holt board)
Kathleen, we had those same black cloud moments, I'm sure, but we've blocked almost all of them out since coming home. :) And I feel like the first couple days were so booked, and we didn't get around to shopping and exploring until later in the week. Of course, we had an extra day in Guangzhou because I think the rules have changed since our trip. But I am hoping you'll have more time to yourselves now that the medical exam is out of the way. Lauren sounds like a dream! Can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your black cloud - and the medical exam sounds like a NIGHTMARE! Little Lauren looks so pitiful!
ReplyDeleteJust continue loving on your BEAUTIFUL new daughter and enjoy these precious moments. We'll be traveling in June for our little guy, 2 years old in Beijing. We were looking forward to Guangzhou (based on everyone else's comments) so glad to read a different perspective.
Blessings,
Kim
I am so sorry you are having such a bad experience in GZ!!!! That was my favorite part of the trip, so it makes me sad that you aren't having the same experience.....
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are just ready to come home, but try to enjoy your last few days in China. We took a lot of time to just walk around the island, cross the bridge into the city, and we just took it all in. We got a lot of our gifts right there at the little shops on the island. I didn't even know that there was a jade market!
The do give you lots of options on things to do, but we didn't do all of them. And yes, it was super busy those first few days in GZ, but trust me, it does slow down.
And I totally agree....the medical check is a joke. I mean, you saw my posts on it! It's loud, crazy and well....basically kind of a waste (but that is just my opinion)....
Sending you lots of cyber hugs, girlfriend!!
Hoping your days look a little brighter and slow down a little! There is a lot to do and take care of but just think you are almost over and then all the paperwork and crazy appointments are almost over and it is all so worth it! We bought baby food at the store we took our Visa pictures at. There also was a Grocery/Convenient Store by the Victory that had that had tons of baby food! Blessings on your final leg of the journey! You are almost home!
ReplyDelete