Thursday, April 14, 2011

More back up posts.

Once again I need to back up.  I am hoping to catch up so I can fill you in on the current happenings, which include a visit to a Temple, long walks around the lake... and Kristina I could help but think of Hunter when we went to a Dinosaur museum.  Emma was in all her glory!  But first....

The silk factory in Beijing was really neat.  I wrote about it but didn't really get into the pictures.  I was amazed at how strong the silk was once it was all put together.  The silk is the cocoon that the worm spins.  It is unraveled, washed and stretched out.  Once it is all spun together it is so strong that you can't break it.  I know there is a lot more information to go with all of this but I really can't remember.  Mark might but he is still sleeping so I am just going to run with it. 










In this last picture you will see the silk duvet covers in the back ground.  At this point in the tour it became a sales pitch to buy the silk comforter, which we almost did.  Had they been in GZ I would have but with the weight limits for luggage in China that wasn't and option.  We did buy the girls a dress and scarf.

Evan~  Well I have to tell you about Evan.  Another family in our group who are from New Jersey have a son named Evan.  He was adopted from China 4 years ago.  He is 5 years old and the sweetest little boy you have ever met.  For the 3 days we were in Beijing we never saw him not have a smile on his face.  Well seems little Evan fell in love with Emma and she was all he could talk about.  He would follow her around and just stare longingly at her.  If Emma would do something so would he.  Funny how a few times he didn't want to do something mom and dad wanted or needed him to do and would be upset about it.  Like putting on sunscreen, Emma would ask him to do it and you guessed it he would!  His dad made a funny comment that we just loved at how he is already letting a woman boss him around.  Enjoy the pics of these two little cuties! 





4 comments:

  1. I loved the silk factory. We did buy a comforter....and a new suitcase to carry it! haha
    If I told Hunter that Emma went to a dinosaur museum in China, he would be soooo jealous!!! It sounds like you have been able to do more things in province then we were able to...that is nice. I wish we would have been able to learn more/see the sights of Shenyang, but our guide just wasn't that knowledgeable about the city. Oh well.
    Looks like you have been having a wonderful time! You will love GZ too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Congrats! Have a safe trip back home!
    Christina Dieselberg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma and Evan are so cute together! What fun to make a new friend so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.