Coffee/Tea bar in the hotel room. Hot pot for water and fridge.
Steps in the entrance to the hotel lobby.
We found McDonalds!
And, we had dinner there too.
The Novotel Hotel
So, it is 1:40 in the morning and here sit Mark and I WIDE awake! So, what do you do??? Blog of course. We can't sleep but don't want to do anything to wake Emma who is out like a log in our bed. She started out on the Chaise Lounge, then at one point in the night tried to climb into the suitcase to go to sleep. Not sure what that was but it was very cute. We think she thought the suitcase was her bed. So I put her in bed with us. At which point the sucking noise coming from the middle of the bed was like a bilge pump on a sinking ship!!! Between her sucking her thumb, the oven of a room and no room in the bed I decided to try out the Chaise Lounge. Well, rock hard seems like a soft description.... I think we need a rollaway! Mark is so cute to say, "I don't think she will sleep in it" I WILL!!!! '
What's in store for us today? We are heading to breakfast at 6:00 or earlier if they let us since we both are starving to death. I have a feeling we might be breaking into the cookies before long. After breakfast we will meet our guide at 8:30 to head to the Great Wall. The weather is going to be perfect. Then we have a traditional Chinese lunch then head over to Hutong street for a tour of I am not sure what, but it includes a Rickshaw ride.
Oh no, Emma just sat up. Really don't need her to be awake this early too. Gotta shut down the computer. More later.
Blessings for a beautifly stay in China. Thank you for letting others follow along through your blog! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteoops.. should have said beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck dealing with the jet lag! So glad you're safely there and that at least Emma got a little sleep. ;)
ReplyDeleteWooHoo. You are there:) So happy for you. Have fun.. thanks for blogging..
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it! You must have a better room then we did! I don't remember a coffee/tea bar..or was that just as you enter the room?
ReplyDeleteHi Kathleen - I saw your post on the Holt forum site the other day and decided I had to follow your blog. We are starting out on our journey to adopt from China as well. I'm cheering you on - hope everything goes well!
ReplyDeleteTom stayed at the Novotel when he was there 10 years ago. Nice hotel! You guys are doing this trip right. :)
ReplyDeleteI am crying while I am reading this. Nathan and I are literally fighting over the computer to read the blog. Wonder if it counts towards his reading log :). Can't wait to meet Lauren!
ReplyDeleteBeth