Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's what's for dinner.

Ok, I have to back up a bit since I have some pics that I haven't posted to the blog or wrote about!  While we were in Beijing we went to a place called snack street.  I mentioned going a few posts ago but I wasn't able to upload any pics!  So please enjoy and just try to imagine the smell of this place.  I still don't understand why anyone would each this stuff!

Larvae on a stick!

Can tell what this was...

Boiled sea cucumbers


This is sheep penis and snakes! He kept covering up the sign so we couldn't take a pic of it! 

Some sort of bugs on a stick.

Scorpions on a stick -- watch out for those stingers!

Crickets


Fried seahorses...


 No wonder none of us could eat after going to this street!  It was gross!  I really wanted to up load more pics from the last few days but I am falling asleep typing.  I need to go to bed.  We have a long day tomorrow because we are heading to Guangzhou to finalize all of our paperwork with the U.S. Consulate and get Lauren's U.S. Visa!!!!

4 comments:

  1. You will LOVE GZ!!!! Try that place by the WS! It has a sign over it....something like "A Rose in the Garden" but is called Petrus....great spaghetti!!!

    I wish we would have gotten some pix like these!!! I was too freaked out tho!!!

    Love the posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one looks like it could be chocolate and caramel, maybe?...but I know better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the menu on a Survivor challenge.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! I can only imagine.
    Teri Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.